[Steam-engine] Pawnee-Rollag

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 11:02:14 PDT 2007

I have to thank Jeff, Jeff, & Lawrence for yanking my
chain a little to get me moving.  The final straw was
when I mapquested Lawrence's trip vs mine.  When I saw
the he was going 300+mi farther than me I had no
excuses.  It was a long drive but it was worth every
mile.  Although the place was nearly overrun with
"Racine Water Heaters" I got to see some pretty neat
stuff.  Before you Case folks get sensitive I like
them as much as any and have often thought that a 50hp
would be a nice size to have.  There were a few
engines that I had never gotten to see in person and,
of course, (2) of my favorite Keck-Gonnermans.  Iwas
really great to get to lay eyes on some of the folks
that I write to about steam.  I even fired the
stationary boiler on Sunday morning for awhile and,
yes, it was me who allowed it to pop-off (doh!)  It
was my first time around a Prony Brake and I really
enjoyed watch the engines show there stuff.  I can
also tell you that Detwiler's Keck can hand with the
best of them at putting on a spark show.... Good job
Jeff and thanks for your hospitality.

> Come on Andy, that is nothing!  Get in the car and
> go!
>  I love to take road trips for steam engines and the
> last one I did was to Cumming, GA and that was about
> 14 hours each way.  Drove up on friday, went to show
> on saturday and left saturday night to head back
> home
> and got home sunday.
>
> I hope to fly the entire family to Rollag this year
> and that will be flying from 5:00 am until around
> midnight that night with a wife and two kids!
>
> I thought about flying by myself to Pawnee for a day
> or two but I forgot that I have a Cub Scout
> Mega-show
> with my boys so I can't make it to the show.
>
> Jeff Smith

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN