[AT] Baker Fan plans

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 13:42:58 PDT 2007

  3.  Baker Fan plans (D. Day)

>Message: 3
>Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 21:07:18 -0500
>From: "D. Day" <ddss at telebeep.com>
>Subject: [AT] Baker Fan plans
>To: <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
>
>I don't know if this has been covered or not, but a friend wants to build
>his own Baker fan. He wants to put a load on his JD B's and his H.
>Does anyone know where he might be able to locate plans for one?
>
>Thanks
>
>Dick Day
A Baker fan has (4)  2' square blades with a 20" pulley.  I think that the
one that I measured had an o.d. of 5'.  The shaft should be about 4' from
the ground.  These are the dimensions (as best as I can recall) for a Baker
fan that was meant to put the hurt on the biggest traction engines.  If your
friend wants to use it for a B or H John Deere he will want to make it
easier to pull by reducing the size of the blades and/or increasing the size
of the pulley.