[AT] AT Digest, Vol 39, Issue 6 cylinder Chevrolet

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Tue May 8 08:06:09 PDT 2007

> > His son overheard him report that he was getting 38 miles per gallon.
> >
> > The carb was obviously never seen in production.  We used to figure the
> oil companies had something to do with it.   Seemed like a nonsense theory
> then--- but now???

It still sounds like a nonsense theory.  The oil companies would love it if
some genius could make an engine that could survive running on a leaner
mixture so we could double our mileage and pay $7.00/gal for our gas.  Most
any of us can modify a carburetor so the mixture is only half as rich... but
if we could get the engine to run it would quickly self destruct.  :-(

The way to cut our fuel cost in half is drive half as much.  :-)

George Willer