[AT] Horsedrawn grader on eBay

Terry Welch terry1955 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 8 04:05:59 PDT 2007

I just bought what I believe to be a Russell No2 from a fellow I know. Needs a lot of work. But have wanted one for years. We have a powered Adams grader like this on our show grounds. The former owner claims it was teh first powered Grader they built. It has serial # 1 stamped in the side plate so who knows?

charlie hill <chill8 at suddenlink.net> wrote:  When I was a boy in the 50's the town used a similar grader on the dirt
streets. By that time they had graduated to pulling it with a tractor. I
don't know if it was an Adams but it looked very similar.

There are still some of those old "maintainers" scattered around here now.
Mostly owned by farmers who have a long lane to keep up. Every few years I
see one somewhere but I never see one that can be bought.

Back then those things were marvelous machines. Now when I look at them in
detail I see works of mechanical art.

Charlie