[AT] AT Digest, Vol 39, Issue 6 cylinder Chevrolet

Claudeprintequip at aol.com Claudeprintequip at aol.com
Mon May 7 16:51:04 PDT 2007

Hello list,

Off topic.

Don't think Chevrolet was ever into tractors.  (obligatory  tractor comment)
I  remember reading a Look Magazine article while  killing some time in a
study hall in 1952.  It was about Chevrolet setting  a gas mileage world record.
123 MPG I think. Two drivers manned a  special vehicle from New York to Los
Angeles.    Chevrolet used a stock engine from their  assembly line with
special carburation,  a special two seat, light  weight vehicle. There were a number
of  things done to assure the best  fuel economy possible; coasting, driving
slow, etc. This information also  appeared in the Guiness book of world
records for a number of years  afterward.  Anyway, now all the information seems to
be  gone.   Does anyone else remember this

demonstration of fuel economy by Chevrolet?

Claude
Tontitown, Arkansas