[Farmall] Farmall M remote hydraulic valve stuck

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 06:26:29 PDT 2007

I bet that you can get it freed up.  If you have a
bucket of used oil just toss it in there and leave it
for a few weeks.  Don't get to rough with it.
Scratches on the spool will cause it to leak so be
gentle.  Oil will loosen almost any rusty part if it
is given TIME to work.

http://www.vinsonfarm.net/photos/remote_valve_stuck.jpg.

> I squirted some penetrating oil down in there and
> gave it some taps with a
> wrench, and am letting it sit.   Is this thing
> likely to be recoverable, or
> should I be watching the swapmeets for a new valve?
> (Might be a reason to
> head over to Portland in a week or so...)

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN