[AT] Rust magic?

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Sun May 6 21:12:33 PDT 2007

In a message dated 5/6/2007 4:53:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jkparks at flash.net writes:
I am looking for any suggestions or recommendations  for a real rust buster.

A good article on different types of penetrating  oils was printed in the
April/May 2007 issue of "Machinist's Workshop".   The best product was "homemade"
from ATF and Acetone Mix.

Note  this is was a test of penetrating oils/lubs and not rust dissolvers.

I think the best chance of success is the water soak.

How  about electrolysis?  You would need a big plastic tub, but I have had
good  results with smaller parts and a long soak.

Gary
Renton, WA.