[AT] Rust magic?

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Sun May 6 17:14:29 PDT 2007

John -

If I was a betting man, I'd lay my $s on the water soak. Example I'll use is a few years back I stumbled onto a half dozen assorted pipe wrenches, ranging from 2 -3 footers, that had been piled on a dirt floor of an old dilapidated shed for God knows how long. They were rusted solid, but the price was right (free).

I lugged them home and soaked them for a month, cleaned the rust slime off, them soaked them in some old oil for a few days. Once done, I was amazed at the results and still use them occasionally today.

Bob in NY