[Steam-engine] progress: was list too quet!

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 05:09:38 PDT 2007

Poplar is what I am planning on.  I was thinking that
it was probably what was used originally, pretty light
weight, and stronger than pine.  I have the number for
a sawmill that I will call this evening.  12' lengths
are a little harder to get.  I'm also interested in
any tricks that I can use to strengthen the canopy
without having much effect on the appearance.  I'm a
little worried about the effects that the wind will
have on the canopy while hauling it on a truck.
--- Blake <blake at little-mountain.com> wrote:

> What kind of wood are you going to build the canopy
> out of? I used
> air-dried yellow poplar (whitewood) and it turned
> out really well. I
> bought it at a local saw mill and had it planed.
>
> Blake
>
> On Mar 14, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Andy glines wrote:
>
> > I got a new relief valve and have had the gauge
> > adjusted for the Huber.  I am searching for lumber
> > build the canopy out of.  I am borrowing a canopy
> > bracket for Tracy Porter to have one made as well.
> > Guess I better check with him on the progress of
> the
> > casting.  I really want to have a canopy on the
> engine
> > when it goes to its first show ion June.  That
> reminds
> > me that I also need to build a tool box and wood
> > box.........  I had better get to work!

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN