[AT] Dairy farming. Dying industry?

rasmith4 at juno.com rasmith4 at juno.com
Sun Mar 4 04:07:39 PST 2007

Danny is right.  The times, they are achanging.  Things are different
all over.  Forty years ago a guy could make a decent living from 30
milk cows.  Today with 100 he is lucky to break even.

Look at automobile makers.  We have long since gone by the folks that
would make 100 or less cars a year.  And look at auto dealers, long
gone is the guy who sells 30 a year.  Ever see "King of Cars" on TV?
Not my favorite show, but piecing together some of the comments made I
figured he sells about 1500 cars a month.  I wouldn't have thought that
there were that many people in Las Vegas.

As we get older, we need to keep focused on the future and not the
past.  We can't move forward looking backwards.

Richard
In Central NY

-- Danny Tabor <dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

    I agree with you,George. Some of the smaller
dairies maybe hurting. Some of the more successful
small dairies around here are creating there own
markets. Processing all or some of their product and
selling it themselves as milk, cheese, ice cream or
what have you.
    Danny Tabor