[AJD] Parts Search

Rev. Gerber drgerber at fuse.net
Thu Mar 29 08:00:13 PDT 2007

Greg:  I need some help.  I have 15 old 2 cyl. Tractors, 42 LA up to 59
440C.  Most are 6 volt. Systems; a few changed to 12 volt by somebody
else.  I just restored the 42 LA, put on a new wiring harness from Agri
Services in NY, nice products I night add, a new cut out, new 3 position
switch from JD, generator charges when tested with a meter, but I cannot
get the system to charge, or budge the gauge.

I have seen an article in green magazine about electric systems, seems
there was a vol. one and a vol. two.

Does anyone put out a video on how to make these systems work, how to
trouble shoot, etc.?  I am growing weary of $50.00 here and $200.00
there for generator rebuilds, expensive parts, cut out, regulators, and
still nothing charges.

Can you steer me to the electrical system guru? Any guidance would be
appreciated.

Rev. Dr. David R. Gerber
Mt. Airy United Methodist Church
2645 North Bend Rd.