[Ford-ferguson] battery charging

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Mar 25 07:02:09 PDT 2007

The red goes to the ground (+), and the black goes to the negative (-)
which would be the "other" or "hot" battery terminal. In any case, the
top of all batteries are marked with the plus and minus signs molded in
next to the posts, and, for battery chargers (and virtually everything
else using direct current), red is always positive, and black is the
negative, regardless of how the ground is set up for the particular
machine. Very rarely, you will see other colors used for positive, but
black is always negative.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness,
consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn
of eternal peace.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)