[Ford-ferguson] battery charging

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Mar 25 06:01:27 PDT 2007

The Ford 8N originally came from the factory set up for 6 volts positive
ground. That doesn't mean that it might not have been changed at some
point in the last 55 years. (This is also true of those green, red,
gold, and purple tractors of the same era.)

Mike

Richard Greer Jr. wrote:
>    I do own a Ford 8 N a 51 model. i do hope that someone can set this
> straight1 I have also 2 John Deere Bs all of which has the 6 volt batteries
> from New holland now!   I have a Sears Battery charger which has both 6 and
> 12 volt charging and electronics !  I always am worried about charging on
> the wrong side due to knowing some chargers do automatically go to the
> positve ground on the 6 am I right or was this mistakingly !    So what is
> the right answer for all mine needs charging!   Have a great day!
>
> Richard

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
<mikesloane at verizon.net>
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness,
consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn
of eternal peace.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)