[AT] another harvest picture

Al Walker alwalker at gvtel.com
Fri Mar 23 19:14:30 PDT 2007

Well, guys, I must be strange.  I don't mind oats at all.  Barley is the
worst for me, and spring wheat is passable.  I didn't do much combining
when I was growing up, as I got to shovel the grain from the trailer
into the bin in the granary. Yes, A #14 shovel and a strong back.   If I
kept up with the combine (A6 Case and later Case 80) I was rewarded with
a half gallon of ice cream all to myself.  I usually picked Rocky Road.
One trailer was a JD Triumph flair box.  Dad sold that for $100 and
never even gave me a chance at it.  It was in marvelous condition being
stored inside all the time.  The original paint was terrific.  The other
box was a metal one purchased from Montgomery Wards.  I did get to buy
that one at the auction sale.  When it comes to itching, I was never too
fond of alfalfa hay.   But that is another story  . . . . .

Al in nw MN

Gene Dotson wrote:

>    Charlie;
>    On your scale, oats would be an 8. Have no experience with barley, so
>suppose that is a 10. I can tolerate dust and chaff from soybeans and wheat.
>Only itches when you get it in your nose. They both irritate some, but oat
>dust is worse that a swarm of hungry mosquitoes.
>
>                    Gene

<snip>