[AT] another harvest picture

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 23 11:03:47 PDT 2007

CEE VILL wrote:
> Hi Ralph,
>
> Ever try barley for itchy and scratchy.  Those beards are fun.
>
> Charlie V

Hi Charlie.
I know well enough the torments of barley dust to those who are extra
sensitive to it. I have pretty well quit growing it for that reason.
They tell me that canary seed is even worse so I have stayed away from
that crop too. About the worst I have seen in recent years was
"Hull-less oats" which for some reason had some of the itchiest dust I
have ever encountered. I grew them for a few years but found that they
didn't store long term very well, unlike 'normal' oats. They sure made
good heavy feed though.

Ralph in Sask.