[AT] Harvest photo, now combine makes

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 22 03:12:16 PDT 2007

Gene
A rather interesting observation (JD 42 pull type selling for more than
three SP).
What is size and vintage of JD 42; and were JD's right or left hand cutting
platform?      I do not remember any JD combines when I was a kid.    Case
was RH, AC were LH, I pulled a Gleaner around several years threshing
alfalfa, but do not remember whether RH or LH?     I hauled wheat for a
neighbor using a MH Clipper pulled by AC WC threshing some  bottomland
after flooding, but do not remember whether RH or LH?  That was before
floatation tires, and owner sure was happy to recover nearly the entire
crop.   No clue on IHC?    Gleaners enjoyed a big market in our area.
Herb

Deere