[AT] Potato planting time again...

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Wed Mar 21 22:55:09 PDT 2007

Tom, I agree that there are abilities to grow some crops as you said without
added irrigation. I also know from experience that here there is not enough
air moisture to raise a profitable crop of potatoes in our soils. Where you
are along the coast, the added moisture makes a total difference in the
growing characteristics versus here inland. So, I will be irrigating and
fertilizing for a good economic yield.
    By the way the potatoes are planted next to Chard and Radishes at the
main ranch and next to Parsnips, Arugula, a Cotton test plot and Squash in
the inland sandy location.... Not exactly midwestern setups, huh? LOL.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California