[Farmall] 330u generator

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Mar 20 10:29:12 PDT 2007

That sounds to me as if you have the connections at the voltage
regulator wrong. The wire from the light switch should go to the "L"
terminal. If that is correct, then you might have a bad connection
somewhere else that is getting completed when the lights are on.

I would check the continuity of the wires from the generator to the
regulator and clean the connections at both the regulator and generator.
If you are seeing a charge at the meter anytime, then I would say that
the generator is fine. (You do have the ammeter wired correctly, don't
you? When running at something above low idle, the ammeter should show a
slight charge, but if you turn on the lights at that speed, the meter
will show a discharge. You have to speed up the engine to get the
generator to charge when the lights are on.)

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk.
  Joaquin Setanti