[AT] O.T.

Carl Tatlock carllary at Surfglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 13:30:39 PDT 2007

Carl in VT here;  I am tired of plowing snow, although the 1945 2N did a
great job.  I'm 75 and "Scruffy"  is 62 , so we had a total of 137 years
between us but we both did OK .     Now that I'm back inside and fingers
will work again, I'm asking for help from the knowledgeable ones on this
list who have helped so many others with a computer problem.   I'm going
to DSL from Dial-up this week.

That's not a problem, that's a solution.  BUT, I can't find anybody who
knows how I will be able to configure my Mozilla Thunderbird to start
the new mail program?  _*QUESTION 1:*_   Anybody know how I can keep
present e-mail folders (some with all the wisdom of this board in them)
and addressbook, in other words all the stuff I presently have in my
dial-up ISP mail program?   _*QUESTION 2: *_How do I set up e-mail on
DSL????

I'd like to run both dial-up along with DSL for the rest of this month-
to aid in notifying address changes etc-- in fact, that's _*QUESTION
3:*_ How do you easily notify all those present addressees?   My wife's
computer will be wirelessly added to the mix, too.  She has her own
e-mail addy, in our dial-up account.

I asked for help from DSL tech support, but they didn't know I only talk
tractor.  Any replies from you guys please take into consideration that
when I first used computers in the 1960's we used punch cards...and I
have not gotten a great deal more savvy beyond that......    I mean, I
am on my 4th computer, but it still is a mystery like Chinese Algebra.
I know many of you have made the switch-- and I always say "there is no
need to go without if the neighbors have some....."

Hope I didn't get too much information in here, but wanted to include
that it is a 6 volt, front mount......

HELP! (please)