[AT] ford backhoe

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Mar 19 03:11:34 PDT 2007

I would have to guess 900 series or 4000 (there isn't a lot of
difference mechanically). Early '60s manufacture. Figure 4000 lbs for
the tractor, 1000 lbs for the loader and maybe 2000 lbs for the hoe. On
a 4000, look for the serial number and model number on the upper right
hand corner of trans and/or the inside right hand hood panel. On a
600/800/900 the model and serial number will be stamped into the left
hand side of the clutch housing, facing up - not the easiest thing the
world to find or read. I suspect you will have a LOT of work cut out for
you to get that one in good working order. I have never seen that kind
of power steering arrangement, so I can't comment on it.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk.
  Joaquin Setanti