[AT] ford backhoe

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 18 20:12:25 PDT 2007

Hey guys

Found an old ford backhoe today; trying to figure out a model, etc. so
maybe I can get more info on it.  Pix of grille & instrument panel at

HYPERLINK
"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/ford%20backhoe/frt02.jpg
"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/ford%20backhoe/ip01.jpg"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/ford%20backhoe/ip01.jpg
HYPERLINK
"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/ford%20backhoe/ip02.jpg"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/ford%20backhoe/ip02.jpg

It was parked bout 10 years ago because of steering problem; has a
hydraulic steering (a valve is moved by a speedometer like cable to
determine whether the cylinder pushes or pulls) but has no mechanical
steering.  Rest of the hydraulics were fine so he says.

Any tips, identification, etc. appreciated!  Oh; anyone have an idea of
the weight; has backhoe and front bucket.  Was grown up in vines pretty
bad but I can post more pix (backhoe & front bucket views) if needed.

Mainly interested in it to use around the farm; not a “show
restoration.”

Thanks!

Lew Best near Waco, TX