[AT] DEAD or:: Long Story

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Mar 11 20:11:52 PDT 2007

    Charlie;
    The Amish here have gone very much to diesel engines. Many of them run
sawmills and pallet shops. The diesels are used to run their log saws, resaw
board saws and cutoff saws. Most of their portable power units are now
diesels. Many are the White diesels bought surplus from military trucks.
    All this diesel power and they are still not allowed to use electric
start on any of them. Enos Wagler uses a 24 horsepower Honda engine to start
his 6-71 detroit saw engine. This is typical for most of these units.

                Gene