[Ford-ferguson] Chippers for Ferguson TO-30

Dave ford8n at gwltd.com
Tue Mar 6 18:44:02 PST 2007

I agree, to a point. It all boils down to how often I would use a
chipper. In the case of a log splitter, I bought mine cause I heat my
entire 4000 square foot home with wood, so good chain saws and a good
splitter are a no brainer. For me I would never use a chipper cause I
like to hav people over and watch a fire as we visit and drink a few beers.

One guy did have a point about the to-30 being a little under powered,
you should think about that.

Dave

Chuck Saunders wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>You are right about renting being cheaper, but. I have found when renting
>that the chore becomes a marathon. While it will cost more to buy, you gain
>the flexability that comes with being able to do the work when you want and
>as much as you want without the overhead of time to go get the equipment and
>find that everyone else is renting those that day. Same reason you buy a log
>splitter.
>Chuck Saunders
>Kansas City, MO
>On 3/5/07, Dave <ford8n at gwltd.com> wrote:
>

>>Personally, I save all my brush for a time in the fall to have friends
>>over for a nice fire on a cold fall night, don't forget beers and brats.
>>
>>Seems to me that $1900.00 for a chipper is a lot, also how much would it
>>cost you once a year to rent one. Bet you could rent a chipper for lots
>>of years for $1900.00
>>
>>Dave
>>
>>ceppard at joplin.com wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>Does anyone have any experience with PTO chippers?

73 de Dave W9WRL
www.w9wrl.com/w9wrl