[AT] Ford NAA with aux tranny??

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Mar 5 03:28:56 PST 2007

I seem to recall an issue of the 9N-2N-8N-NAA Newsletter that had a
reproduced ad and instructions for another step-down transmission that
was a brand that I didn't recognize. Maybe a subscriber who is more
organized than I can leaf through their back issues and spot the ad. I
have a 2N with both a Sherman and Howard units, and I agree that yours
is neither, nor is it a Ford supplied item. You are more likely to find
a used Sherman than a Howard at a salvage yard, as the Sherman units
were much more common and less frequently damaged by abuse. I would
check out the ads in the 9N-2N-8N-NAA Newsletter, as well as the
"Salvage Yards" section of the ATIS site.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

It's hard to argue against cynics - they always sound smarter
than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side.
-- Molly Ivins 1944-2007