[AT] Dairy farming. Dying industry?

joehardy at epix.net joehardy at epix.net
Sun Mar 4 16:52:29 PST 2007

Richard:  All this focus on large dairy operations depends heavly on trucking their product over long distances. My gripe is should we be using all this unnecessary energy to truck these products across the country? Example, here in Northeasten PA all the dairy farmers are about all gone & those still in existance find it necessary to have their milk processed in New Jersey. The processed milk is then trucked back here to be sold! I still feel there will come a time,during another serious energy crisis, that we will have to depend again on "locals" to supply our food needs. It always seems that most things always go full circle. My $0.02  joe hardisky   dallas, PA>