[AT] Ford NAA with aux tranny??

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Sun Mar 4 16:19:45 PST 2007

Picked up a Ford NAA that has a nice low range aux. transmission in
it.  I thought it came as a Ford option but now I'm not sure.  It is
a gear reduction transmission that is shifted by one lever right next
to the normal PTO lever (left side).  Was this a standard Ford
option?  If not, anybody know what it could be?  I don't have it
running right now and I didn't notice before if this step down
gearing also slowed down the pto--like the Serman.   I've seen Howard
transmissions in N series Fords but they all had the shift lever on
the right side.  Also, anyone know where I could find a Howard or
even a step down Sherman?   John W.

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon