[AT] oil pressure/filter

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 1 09:34:11 PST 2007

CEE VILL wrote:
>> From the name, Ralph, I guess you might be talking about a filter that
>> uses
> a bathroom music roll as a cartridge.  I think there was a conversation
> on the list about them a few months ago.

Your right Charlie. Just a plain roll of toilet paper served as the oil
filter. I had meant to include that in the original post but forgot.
Re: stp, I did add some to the 40 a couple of days ago before using it
for snowblowing. I can't say that there was a major change in the oil
pressure reading. Maybe just wishful thinking but it did seem to run
marginally higher pressure. I wasn't able to add the entire (400 ml)
container as the oil level was pretty well full in this engine anyway.
It just doesn't burn any oil.
Looks like we will have to get the snow blowers, blades, shovels, etc.
out again today as it has been snowing since yesterday afternoon. Nice
and mild though at +15F.

Ralph in Sask.