[AT] Fun with mowing

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Mon Jun 25 04:44:06 PDT 2007

George,  I've used that method too.  The only drawback, at least with my
Allis tractors, is that you have to sit and wait for the pto to stop
freewheeling before you can get the transmission back in gear (no clutch
brake).  Another method that works for me is stepping on the clutch pedal
and both brake pedals at the same time.  If you have fair to good brakes
that will bring it to a stop in a couple of feet.

The over running clutch is a good idea and I recommend it but to be honest I
don't use one.  Why?  Well I ran an Allis with that problem for 30 years or
more without knowing there was such a thing as an over running clutch.  By
that time I was well used to dealing with the problem.   I had one for a
while and it broke.  I never got around to getting another one.

Charlie