[AT] Engine flushing etc.

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Jun 24 10:58:38 PDT 2007

    I have always been a little concerned about running an engine with K-1
in it but it is probably fine as long as you don't get carried away and run
it too long. Surely it is better for an engine than the dirt... I have
drained engines and then poured K-1 through it to flush out the stuff that
settles to the bottom. I have also put in about a gallon and ran it very
briefly. I never really felt that it hurt anything but I still had a nagging
feeling that it lacked any real qualities of lubrication and it also costs
something like $900 a gallon now...   ;-)   If I have an engine now that
seems a little dirty I flush it with a gallon of diesel fuel. I know that it
at least lubricates an injector pump. It also seems to remove a lot of junk
and is finally cheaper than gasoline here and a ton less than K-1. I'll bet
that a lot of those little K-1 heaters sat idle this year.   :-)   For a
little more than the price of a gallon of K-1 and with my senior discount I
can go to a local Chinese buffet and eat myself silly...   ;-)

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA