[AT] High oil pressure a bad thing?

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 23 13:00:50 PDT 2007

Somebody just mentioned in another thread that before
changing oil,
 they
used to pour some kerosene in on top of the oil and
then run the
 tractor at
idle for a few minutes.  I like the idea of really
flushing everything
 clean
every time, but since I'm not starting with a freshly
rebuilt (and
 known to
be clean) engine I'd worry that rinsing kerosene or
diesel or something
through it now might cause more problems than it
fixes.  Anyone have
 any
success trying this?
------------------------------

Dean,
   I have a neighbor who did that when switching his
car from regular too synthetic oil. No harm came to
it. I personally wouldn't just because there is no
lubrication at all in kero and it would be just my
luck those few minutes would scar up the bearings.
    The best bet is to after running the tractor,
while the oil is hot pull the plug and walk away from
it so it'll drain out good. I'll usually let it drain
over night then put oil in the next morning.
     If the oils sludgy then maybe use a little higher
detergent oil or change it a little more often.

Danny Tabor