[AT] Fun with mowing

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Fri Jun 22 12:35:44 PDT 2007

Joe---be sure that the 430 has an overriding clutch.  If it doesn't and
there is not one in the drive line you could have real trouble as the fly
wheel effect of the spinning mower could push you into a tree or into a pond
 fence or ditch. Quick check with the mower raised and the tractor engine
turned off with the PTO engaged you should be able to rotate the mower by
hand in the cutting direction.
Also with the tractor running and in gear PTO engaged,when you depress the
clutch, the mower should not propel the tractor forward.

Hope this makes sense.

On 6/22/2007 10:38:07 AM, jahaze at aol.com wrote: > I have been wanting a
brush hog/mower for a few years now, but decided > this was the year.  So
after going to a couple of auctions and being > rather dissapointed, I saw
an ad for one with a 5-foot cut listed locally. > Â  The ad was a couple of
weeks old and the price was pretty good ($125) I > was sure it would be gone
 but I got ahold of the seller anyway.  He > still had it and I was able to
buy the mower along with a real nice co-op > two bottom plow which he > didn
t want anymore for a grand total of $145.  I was able to hook the mower up
to my case 430 last night and give it a spin.  I had more fun than one man
should be allowed.  This thing can cut through just about anything in it's
> path.  > I'm going to have to try and limit myself or everything I own
will be mowed down before I get done :-) > > However, I did find out two
things 1) My 430 doesn't > have an independent pto, and 2)when you have
allergies, mowing in a steady > tail wind is a bad idea.  Now I know why
everyone says > "farming gets into your blood" (and your eyes, nose, ears,
etc..) > > Enjoy, Joe > >