[AT] High oil pressure a bad thing?

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Thu Jun 21 22:34:47 PDT 2007

Dean,

You asked, "So what's the harm of high oil pressure?  If it's not a symptom
of clogged arteries, so to speak ..."

If by high oil pressure you mean a high reading on the pressure gauge and
you KNOW the tractor has no clogged oil arteries then probably none as it's
likely a faulty gauge that is giving an erroneously high reading.

But if by high oil pressure you really do mean high oil pressure (as in
you've measured it with a couple of different gauges both of which give the
same high reading) then I would suspect that the tractor might have a
clogged oil artery somewhere.

Normal M oil pressure at run speed is 60-70 PSI.  If your' gauge is reading
much higher I think I would want to test with a second/known good gauge.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington