[AT] History Exam, now kid memories

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 21 18:54:12 PDT 2007

 Looks like we are using similar amounts of nitrogen. I can't remember the
order of fertilzer we use but I think it is nitrogen ( I know thats first),
potassium, and phosphorus. I notice your analysis is missing one of the
later 2, do you guys get by without it or is that what they mix in with the
liquid?

 Beans work great behind wheat since they don't need nitrogen either. A
common rotation here would be corn, wheat, late beans and then either early
beans (with fertilizer) or wheat.

Dad used to sow cowpeas in the summer for a green manure crop and then plow
it under with an M and a disc plow. We did that one year with sudex mixed
with soybeans. Waited so late to cut it in that it was higher than the hood
on the JD 4430. We had to put new dics on the harrow just to cut it in.
Definetly put some organic matter back into the soil.

John