[AT] Truck hitch questions

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Jun 20 19:44:20 PDT 2007

>> I have a 2" receiver hitch on my truck. The hitch is 10 years old and
>> hasn't been used much in the past few years since I now have a gooseneck
>> trailer. My problem is despite my best efforts to keep it cleaned out,
>> over the years it has rusted on the inside to the point where I can no
>> longer insert at hitch (without using a sledge hammer). There is isn't any
>> large scale rust, but the inside diameter has "shrunk" enough that I'm
>> trying to decide if I should just replace the whole thing, or grind off my
>> insert to fit the smaller diameter. Has anyone else run it this? What did
>> you do? Maybe I can have someone sandblast the inside for me?
>>
>> Enjoy, Joe

Wrap some sandpaper around a 2X2 and sand the rust out. Then coat the
inside with some rustoleum rusty metal primer. Let it dry good and then
spray the inside with a coat of graphite paint. I also like to coat the
ball mount with graphite paint. Makes them come apart easier.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York