[AT] Truck hitch questions

jahaze at aol.com jahaze at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 08:17:31 PDT 2007

I have a 2" receiver hitch on my truck.  The hitch is 10 years old and hasn't been used much in the past few years since I now have a gooseneck trailer.  My problem is despite my best efforts to keep it cleaned out, over the years it has rusted on the inside to the point where I can no longer insert at hitch (without using a sledge hammer). There is isn't any large scale rust, but the inside diameter has "shrunk" enough that I'm trying to decide if I should just replace the whole thing, or grind off my insert to fit the smaller diameter.  Has anyone else run it this?  What did you do?  Maybe I can have someone sandblast the inside for me?

Enjoy, Joe