[AT] History Exam, now kid memories

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 20 06:11:11 PDT 2007

John,  I think they probably don't need to use near as much fertilizer up
Ralph's way as we do here.  At least that is what I've heard.

Ralph I take that the PH of your land is pretty near neutral and not acid
like ours is?  That is why we have to use lime.. to raise the PH.

I was in eastern VA last week cleaning out some tanks for a fertilizer
company in Haynesville.   Two of the tanks were 54% P2O5 (phosphoric acid)
tanks.  They hadn't been cleaned out in 14 years and had about 18 inches of
gpysum/acid sludge in the bottom.  Man what a nasty job.   Most of the
farmers up that way tend corn, wheat, barley and soy beans.  The acreage
seems to be fairly large.  It was bean planting season and the guys were
comming in for their seed beans.  It was amazing to see the old trucks they
were still driving.  52 Chevy 2 ton, 59 Ford 2 ton, etc.

The dealer had just about finished up with fertilizer season and all of his
trucks were in the yard.  There were eight 10 wheel liquid trucks sitting
out front.  I guess he keeps his dry trucks out back or somewhere else.  I
didn't see any.

Charlie