[Farmall] [Fwd: Re: Carburetor problems]

CGS cgs2000 at juno.com
Wed Jun 20 05:13:31 PDT 2007

I do this with my Worthington, but have not gotten the habit of running
the carb dry: is that important?

I have probably said this before on here but I have always made it a habit to shut the fuel off at the tank when the tractor
isn't in use. If you shut the fuel off while the engine is running and let it run till it runs out of fuel, the float will be
 down and sticking usually isn't a problem. If the tractor is going to be sitting more than a few minutes, I shut the fuel off.
 It seems like it is next to impossible to keep the carbs on these old tractors from leaking-even with a brand new float valve.