[Farmall] Carburetor problems

Glenn Karch glenn.karch at verizon.net
Tue Jun 19 19:44:28 PDT 2007

Roger,

If those tractors sit around for a while, the float and needle valve get
gummed up and don't want to work properly.  On my M Farmall, sometimes it
will start fine and run until the fuel in the carb runs out.  Sometimes I
have to tap on the carb bowl and the needle valve will drop open and then it
starts and runs fine.  It may also start better if you only open the
throttle a couple of notches.

Glenn Karch
Hercules Historian
Haubstadt, Indiana, USA