[AT] My 2007 Wheat Harvest/ Now report Redbud vegetable farm.

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Tue Jun 19 06:37:33 PDT 2007

Hi---Farmer we have had lots and lots of rain.  Many rain related problems
couldn't work because of mud.

Most of our corn weed control has been washed away of soaked in past the
germination zone of the small weeds and grass.

Onions look pretty good but quite a bit of purple blotch even with frequent
spraying of Bravo and Copper.  Been selling a quite a few of the big Candy
onions with green tops still on them.

Strawberries were pretty much of a flop.

Tomatoes look good but ripening pretty slow I suppose due to lack of sun and
the cool weather, have been able to keep the diseases at bay with frequent
fungicide applications. Spider mites have showed up early in spite of the
cool weather and rain. Those little devils can do a lot of damage if not
caught early.

Like I've said before we can do better in a dry season than a wet one.

The Kioti DK55 tractor we bought last year has done a good job for us, even
though  Walt said it looked like a doodle bug.

H. L.