[AT] PZ drum hay mower

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 06:07:22 PDT 2007

Hey gang
An old drum mower followed me home today (along with a junker for parts;
nuther junker still sitting awaiting me to pick it up).
First question; can't find a model number. It has 4 drums approximately
21" diameter; 2 flat blades each; only plate says GA0013830 (probably
the serial number). Any ideas?
Second question; I had one of these many years ago but can't recall how
to remove the "pans" on the drum bottoms. IIRC it was rather simple (but
don't want to break something due to "senior moment"; need to get one
off as the prior owner said last year when he quit using it the drum
nearest the tractor would stop turning in heavy, high grass. From the
junker I brought home (has 2 of the 4 drums gone) I can see where a key
goes in the shaft & drum to keep the drum from slipping. Figure there's
one at the top for each gear also for keeping the gear from slipping but
the bottom one is the easiest to check. With the pan off & weight off I
figure I can maybe make it slip & see whether it's the bottom or one of
the top ones.
Any info. tips, etc. appreciated!
Lew Best near Waco, TX

Checked by AVG Free Edition.