[AT] History Exam, now kid memories

RonMyers at wildblue.net RonMyers at wildblue.net
Mon Jun 18 22:33:01 PDT 2007

Farmer my Gt. Gt. Gt. grandfather who came out to Oregon in 1843 had 640
acres we have always had large farms out here. I grew up on 160 acre farm
we had Jersey milk cows and pigs and Plums and Peaches and a 5 acre hay
field and lots of pasture so it was mix of things that we had to do to get
the income. OH we did not have a tractor that run.
We mowed and brought the loose hay in then filled the field with cull
fruit from the packing sheds to dry and feed the hogs. We sold the cream
and fed the milk to the hogs with the fruit cook in a large barrel.
My grandfather from the early to middle 1700 at one time owned 1/6 of
100th of New Jersey (about 50,000 acres) given to him from the king. I
guess my family was on the wealthier side of the immigration to America.

Ron