[AJD] JD 70 running rough

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Sat Jun 16 07:42:02 PDT 2007

John has mentioned all the things to look at.  I also think you have
ignition related problems.  For whatever reason, when my dad's 2
cylinder tractors did that, he always just changed the condensor.  Quick
fix out in the field.  I am pretty sure that the condensors were not
bad, just the act of changing it out would have a tendency to clean up
connections and I am also sure the gap, etc. on the points was reset at
the same time.  Using the match book cover for a feeler gauge probably
cleaned a little corrosion off the points.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA