[AJD] JD 70 running rough

John jmn50 at msn.com
Thu Jun 14 14:50:26 PDT 2007

Troy, I might be able to lend electrical/ignition advice but NOT carburetion
on that tractor. First thing I would do is check the ignition points (under
distributor cap) and clean/polish/buff and gap them if they arent in too bad
shape buttttttt replace them and the condensor if they are badly burned or
pitted or all carboned up. Make sure the distributor cap is clean n water n
oil n residue n dust free with NO CRACKS and the rotor tip is okay and the
lil carbon button at top of the distributor cap. She may just need a general
ignition tune up and a carb adjustment,. make sure the air cleaner bowl is
water free also and insure she has fresh clean water free gas .

  John T Nordhoff in Indiana