[Farmall] H Woes

Michael Miller sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 19:38:45 PDT 2007

Karl and all,

Thanks for your bits of wisdom.   Your thoughts sparked a couple comments.
The miss is not a dead miss.   Pulling spark plug wires one cylinder at a
time affects it the same no matter which cylinder is pulled.   I also found
out today that the carburetor was rebuilt by the professional carb guy at
the local CaseIH dealer, which is where the boss' son works.

I do agree that the systematic approach to repair is the best way to go
about it.   This one is just frustrating because the problem seems to come
and go in its severity.  As of right now, I'm going to ask around a little
and see if I can dig up a timing light(and someone who knows how to run
one!).   I would also like to check the distributor shaft bushings, how do
you do that?   I have a compression tester, maybe I'll take it over tomorow
night and test it dry and wet.   I am waiting on some parts for my Super MTA
and if they come in working on my own tractors comes first but if they don't
I'll probably go mess with this H a little bit.   I have to go to small
claims court tomorow and regardless of the outcome I think I'll need
something to do to relax afterwards!!!

Anyway,  Thanks again for the help.  We'll get this thing figured out yet!
I wish I could get more information on what has been done to the thing, and
when, but any time I ask about the old girl the mechanic just asks why I
want to bother with that old thing, it won't ever run right.....   Little
wonder he hasn't been able to get it whooped with an attitude like that, eh?

Mike

Mike