[AT] History Exam

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Jun 13 13:41:07 PDT 2007

I remember riding the D-14 plowing in the dark in late fall.  Nothing in
the world like the sound of that Power Crater.  We always did the
plowing in the fall so the red clay would have the winter to "mellow".
With the D-14 we could pull a 3  bottom 14"plow.  My maternal grandpa
had a D-10 series II which he used to pull a 2 bottom 16" plow.  His
soil was really red and rocky.
At that time my dad was farming my grandpa's farm in my  "spare time" so
I got a lot of chances to hay the cows and plow the fields.  I probably
would have turned to farming except it was obvious than without a lot
more land than we had it was futile.
David
NW NC