[AT] History Exam

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jun 12 20:23:20 PDT 2007

Ben Staats wrote:
> It is a piece of cake, I have a 1918 T with the crank start.
> But I havent tried to crank the 47 Farmall M
>
> Ben Staats

My Dad used to crank start the Cockshutt 50 back in the days when he
didn't own a battery charger and the old car battery got a little weak.
And before that his John Deere D was quite often started by turning the
big flywheel.
I used to occasionally be able to crank start the DC4 Case but sometimes
nothing would work on that one.
Nowadays I have electric start on a riding mower. We've come a long way.

Ralph in Sask.