[AT] History Exam

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Jun 12 12:08:57 PDT 2007

Ralph Goff wrote:
> RonMyers at wildblue.net wrote:
>> Ralph,  I don't remember which car had them but it had the Throttle on the
>> steering wheel and another lever that i am not sure what it did. All I
>> know is they were hard for a kid to move them.
>
> I can't speak from experience but have heard that the Model T Ford had
> the spark and gas levers on the steering column. Must have been quite a
> process getting one of these cars started.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

Not all that hard. Check the oil level in the crankcase, Check the fuel
level with the dipping stick, then turn on the gas valve. Set the choke
if it is cold. Then set the spark advance about halfway and advance the
throttle just a bit. Make SURE the handbrake is set. Engage the crank
handle with the handle as low as possible and pull UP on it with a quick
motion. Repeat as required. Once it starts get in and adjust the choke
until it runs smooth and warms up.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York