[AJD] JD lawn Mower

chester win deadeyedk at go.com
Mon Jun 11 19:43:39 PDT 2007

tractor.com>
Subj: [AJD] JD lawn Mower

Also,  were the 318s a good lawn
mower?

LeRoy

I have a 1978 JD 316 that has done a lot of work for me, Leroy.  This
316 was before the "tiger stripe" models.
It has the Kohler 16 HP single cylinder motor.  I think mine has about
1200 hours on the meter.  At one time it was necessary to replace the
main shaft through the hydrostatic because the front spline chewed off
it.  Other than that, it has only had routine maintenance.  It is semi
retired now.  The motor is a little tired, but still runs fine with a
little blue smoke.  I am of the opinion that it has been a good mower
that gave a lot of years of service.

Hope this helps.

Charlie