[AT] New Holland pit crew

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 7 18:57:12 PDT 2007

 I'm proud to say that after  $200 in parts and countless hours testing,
adjusting,testing,adjusting (you get the picture) my baler is now tying
bales. I swear we've pulled the knotter apart so many times I can assemble
it as fast as the guy at the factory! We went from knots hanging on the bill
hook to breaking twine and hanging on the bill hook. Long story short after
replacing and adjusting a bunch of stuff we carried a couple of broken knots
to a parts man at a former New-Holland dealership. He took one look and
asked if we had installed a new New Holland knife arm . Dad said yes to
which he replied, go home and deburr it and the baler will work. It seems
New Holland wore out the molds and when they made new ones they decided
these parts no longer needed large radius' on every edge much less a smooth
surface. After 20 minutes of grinding the problem was solved and I'm ready
to bale. Wonder if they would give me money back for the $75 I spent on
their incomplete part? No wonder all the balers I see coming into the area
today are green.

John Hall