[AT] ford 4000

Jeff Pilbeam pilbeam100 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 16:55:20 PDT 2007

3cyl or 4 cyl will narrow it down some

Chris Britton <c.britton at worldnet.att.net> wrote:  To answer your questions we need to know the age and model ID of the 4000.

It could be anything from an early 63 4 cyl model.. or a later 65 65 model.

The ealy models were pretty much re-issued 801 series units., and thus had
tranny and pto options similar to the 801 series. IE.. you could see 5
speeds etc..

The model ID will tell you trans type, pto type, and chassie / fuel type.
Look on the bellhousing around the starter area and post back.

Here is some info from tractor data vs the older 4cyl and the newer 3 cyl:

Years produced: 1962 - 1965

Total built:

Factory: Michigan, USA

Original price: